Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tracking new stamps entering my collection

I have been collecting stamps on the theme of rugby for some years, and decided to set this up to track the growth of my acquisition. I wait in anticipation for new issues of the next 2 years, with Womem's Rugby World Cup in 2010 and the Men's Rugby World Cup in 2011. I am sure the world's rugby greats will be issuing stamps in 2011, I am curious to see if there will be any issue for the 2010 issue. There is of course, the attempt to include rugby as part of the Olympic Games for the future. If this happens, then oval balls would start to appear in Olympiad issues.

The first stamp to enter my collection is the NZ$1.00 stamp from the New Zealand Health issue. It does not depict rugby directly, it has a stamp-on-stamps theme, and among the stamps in the background is the 2.5-cent stamp of the 1967 Health issue that has rugby as the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment